Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Just an explanation...

Every day, I travel 45 kms, traveling to and from work in a rubber factory. On the way I cant help but notice the utter chaos on the roads. People crossing out of nowhere, those damn scooter guys cutting across, or just coming straight at you for no apparent reason. Worst of all are the bus guys. Its like you're a fresher in some college somewhere, and you don't address your seniors followed by a "Sir", they'll like whack you or something... anyway, I learnt to pay respects to the bus guys by taking my car to a corner of the road whenever I saw any. Driving my Maruti 800 at the time, I kept having a desire to get a Secret Squirrel matchbox kinda thing. If any of you have watched the cartoon "Secret Squirrel", you'd know his matchbox, which he just presses a button and it turns into a helicopter or a car or whatever was needed at the time. I didn't want a helicopter though... I wanted to press a button and transform my 800 into a Panzer or some cool sounding tank, and charge straight back at the busses.

Since then I've grown up a lot, moved from an 800 to an Indica, and started thinking more practically. Since my Singapore visit, a revelation occurred to me. If I became a dictator, I was sure that I'd be able to do a better job than whoever is supposed to be doing the job now. All I had to do was somehow or the other, find a way to be The Dictator. I'd be a benevolent dictator though, or benevolent but firm shall we say. I'd have to leave my rubber factory and see more of the world though. Study how everything is done elsewhere. And when I have adapted my knowledge and formed the perfect system for our country, I'll take it over. Things are starting to shape up, the first phase of my plan begins....

5 comments:

meghant said...

maybe you could start by taking over my blog. and then, pondy's sneakers. why the latter? those are magic sneakers like the secret squirrel matchbox - ever wondered how someone like pondy could run that much.. now you get it, don't you.. with those sneakers you can see the world in almost no time at all and then find the perfect system for all countries. but first, my blog dammit.

Kochukandhari said...

ah...now I know why Singapore and not Canada...

manji said...

here's the best way to take care of bus guys.....keep some eggs in the car when you go for long drives. aim for their windscreen. its a bold statement.

secondly, if they stop for a fight. the first punch should always be aimed at the other guys' stomach. going for the face/jaw will most probably give you a broken fist. going for the balls, is tricky as the area of impact you're looking for is too small. so in a hustle, its not recommeded.

thirdly, if its a woman driver...dont do anything, she might charge you with: "attempt to eve tease my vehicle".... :)

Ro said...

hey manoy,
remind me to check your and pockets for eggs before you get in my car.

lawyeramma said...

man, i just realised today, that there's a whole other world going on in these blogs and stuff, which i have been completely unaware of. i wish i had the time every day to go through all your blogs though.