Monday, January 08, 2007

ISB Interview, ND Deposit, Other Apps, New Blog

I had an interview with the ISB adcom in Chennai on the 30th of Jan. Yes, it was quite a long time back but I had got a blogwriters block. Anyway, think it went ok, though can't say for sure. Questions went something like: What would you do differently if you started Shaadis.com now? What did you learn from closing down your family business? How did you learn guitar on your own?

They were the only guys who didn't however ask which other schools I've applied to, or why ISB. They did tell me to contact their career guidance centre and perhaps consider a career in operations as well. This was contrary to what all my other interviewers said which was that entrepreneurial experience will be excellent for a consulting career. Anyway, will have to wait till Feb 15th for the final results.

Sent in $1,000 as a deposit to ND. The deadline was one month from the notification so couldn't miss out on it. Anyway, will have to consider that a sunk cost and factor it in, at the time of making my final decision by April 1st I guess. As of now though, I still haven't got a choice at all.

I sent in my Duke and CMU applications. Decided in favour of LBS instead of Chicago again mainly due to the European location. Will send that in only by the 15th though. My Duke essays came out quite well I think but lets see how it goes.

In other news, I started a new blog Whatever I Feel Like. I felt that since I had put this blog up on the MBA opencoder list, I would be wasting people's times by my constant divergence from MBA related stuff. Anyway, got a feed from one blog to the other if anyone is interested

1 comment:

ISB Mantra said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up..ISB Placements | ISB interview Preparation