Thursday, September 21, 2006

Feedback from IESE

IESE Business School in Barcelona has a cool feature for their application process where you get feedback on your profile. Basically you enter in a few details about your undergrad university, GMAT scores, and work experience. Within a week or so you get a response as to their initial feeling about the strength of your application. Basically, you'll know if you're eliminated right away. For someone as impatient as me, this seemed like a great idea.

Anyway, I got an email from from them within around a week, offering to help me with the admission process and answer any questions that I had about IESE. I sent them back a long email with my detailed profile and so many questions that they thought it was just better to call me and answer my questions.

I had a very helpful telecon with Mr. Anjan, Associate Director of MBA admissions, where I got answers to all my questions and a very good idea of the process and criteria. I'm also meeting them for an interview in the MBA Tour in Bangalore.

Talking of the MBA tour, I'm also meeting the people from F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College at the tour. Their focus on innovation and entrepreneurship, where they also say entrepreneurship is not necessarily about starting a business, that its also a state of mind. Anyway, the long wait continues.

1 comment:

Clear Admit said...

Hello Rohit,

This is a great entry about IESE's application process! It's particularly informative of how thorough IESE is. Would you be willing to post this report to the Clear Admit Wiki for the benefit of other applicants? You can do so by clicking here, or simply e-mailing the text to wiki@clearadmit.com (we’ll be sure to link back to your blog when we post your information).

We’d also love to hear about campus visits and the factors that influenced your decisions about where to apply.

Thanks and best of luck in the MBA admissions process!

-Lauren