Monday, September 11, 2006

Only September and I already got my first "Ding"

I had applied to the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad's new programme in Management for Executives, the PGPX. The interview shortlist came out yesterday and I wasn't on it. I didn't really want it so I wasn't disappointed but was kinda suprised, especially since they had contacted me the day after my GMAT via the GMASS service. Anyway, the application was also kind of limited since they ask for essays only at the time of the interview, and the letters of reccomendation only at the time of accepting admission offers. I feel particularly in my case, coming from a small business background, and that too closing the business down, the essays are my biggest tool to put everything in context. I also think my letters of reccomendation, one which I'm getting from a supplier and one from a customer since I don't have any supervisors, will be pretty good. They used to be very appreciative of my progress and efforts and the decision to stop.

Anyway, looking on the bright side, I got to use "ding," a word I just recently learnt from other MBA Blogs. I also know feel somehow like a reapplicant, which means I have a desire to make it "this time around atleast". I am able to use it effectively, I have a much better chance of getting in, since a higher percentage of reapplicants get in. The best part is that I saved a hundred thousand bucks since they have a much earlier timeline than everybody else and you have to send your acceptance (and the initial deposit) by November 25th. If I had got admitted, then I don't know whether I would have turned it down, and might have chosen to pay that, which I would have lost if I got admitted into some place I want to go to more. So I guess, as always, everything happens for the best.

5 comments:

Iday said...

The last line says it all :)
you have better options out there :D

Kochukandhari said...

Ding? honey you're beginning to sound like a pro!

Juggler said...

You'll make it someplace really good!

Inblue said...

That's because you'll be going to some place better than Ahmedabad (which anyway is hot, dry and communal)

Ro said...

thank you guys for the encouragement. and beks, i am totally a pro...

btw, anyone going to be there for the MBA tour in Bangalore on the 27th? Any idea what exactly it is like?