Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Teachings of Flu

Don't worry, I'm not turning this blog into a religous blog and Flu is not an ancient Chinese Scholar.

Anyway, been down with a mild flu for the past two days. Luckily it kicked in just the day Beks got back so it also gave me an opportunity to be exceedinly needy. Anyway, am stuck at home with nothing to do. No energy to really think creatively (a.k.a. finish my essays) and at the same time, not sick enough to just pass out the whole day.

Since I had mentioned that every experience teaches you something, I was wondering what (if anything) a flu teaches you... What can alternate bouts of shivers and sweats teach you about life? Perhaps patience, perhaps boredom, dunno really. At least if you're in school, or working for somebody else, a fever can be a couple of days to stay at home, watch movies and so on. Btw, I watched Almost Famous today morning. But right now, the flu is equivalent of getting sick during summer holidays for me. I'm going to try and finish my Lord of The Rings marathon, finished the first two, and now onto Return of the King. Got the special edition DVDs from a cousin and each movie is around 45 mins longer! Thats a total of 6 dvds for the entire series.

The last time I got the flu, in Feb, a week in bed, and much higher fever and severe chills somehow gave me the confidence to decide to close down our company. The decision was something the whole family had been too nervous to make, not sure how it would turn out. I'm not sure how the flu helped me in making the decision, but at some point between the half sleep and continuing dreams, I saw very clearly that it was the right choice, and that it could be done. Anyway, waited till I got healthy again before telling my father about it, so that he wouldn't take it just as a sick persons ramblings or fears. At first he thought that I was making the choice because he was putting too much pressure on me, and my uncles suggested that we run it in an even smaller scale, but I decided firmly that we would close down, and that it could be done. Anyway, we never thought things would work out quite so well, but it often happens that things thought to be huge problems are not so, and some things we dont think about at all, actually turns out more difficult. Anyway, having said that, let me also mention that I don't believe in problems: just situations, whether you see it as a problem or not is up to the observer.

2 comments:

Kochukandhari said...

ahahahah!

So you admit to being exceedingly needy

Inblue said...

Nope !